Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Favorite Valentines

Valentine's Day - no matter what you think about it, it's a day when you consider those you love. And I have a lot to love!

My two sweet boys keep me so busy I almost can't think - with a swirl of self induced projects revolving around them, games to be played, meals, shopping and pumping (6 weeks to go!) it's no wonder I don't get any sleep. But today of all days, I am reminded that I have much to love! ... and that I am much loved! I am truly blessed by a family who loves me lots (that includes my parents, sister and James!).

And I can't forget Niles and Daphne who meow at me constantly, sleep almost on top of me at night and sit next to me as I pump at the computer at 4 am. I'm pretty sure that their attempts to trip me as I am walking to the kitchen must mean something!





Since I haven't been here in a while, there is a little to update. Evan is still anemic! When we went to the doctor, they retested his levels and found that after 21 days of iron supplements, Evan's numbers actually went down. I am hopeful that it is just a hereditary thing (I often test anemic as does my Mom and great Aunt and my great Grandma on Mom's side did too) and nothing more serious. But we are on another 21 days of supplement at a higher dose. We will see what that does.

In the mean time, Evan has taken his first steps, and second, and thirds. He isn't walking yet, but often pulls up, turns and takes two steps before plopping back down on his bottom. We think he said his first words - Grandma said he turned to her and clearly said "No No!" last week. He is also developing his own little sense of humor.



He loves to crawl over to a pillow and flop down on it. Then he will look up at us and smile before he quickly crawls away, only to come back several more times to do it again - too cute!



Nathan is doing well and getting big. He is struggling to find time to potty since he is just too interested in playing. But he is enjoying trips to the library and is getting good at computer games at Grandma's house. He's still our little comedian with his funny faces and cute sayings. He now likes to repeat the funny things that James will say, just to get a laugh.


Yes, today I am again reminded that I am very blessed and have a lot to love!

Hope your day was filled with just as much love and chocolate...maybe more!

No comments: